Thursday, November 1, 2018

The Long Way Round


Ticking along lately with my next big race due in Feb which is Donadea 50km, until then I'm taking it relatively easy.

Normally in November I try run Stook 10mile and in December I run the Waterford Half-marathon, but I've not registered for either and even if I wanted to Waterford is now sold out. Shame really as I do enjoy Waterford.

However, for the third year in a row I am doing the Long Way Round which takes place in Clonmel at night, for me its less of a race and more of just an enjoyable night trail run.   
At last years event I ran the course wrapped in Christmas lights and wearing a Santa hat, I also accidentally arrived at the start line very, very late and I was literally the last person to cross the start line so I was never going to do great with that sort of preparation.

The event is a fund raiser for the South East Mountain Rescue and for anyone that does hill walking or trail running I'd encourage them to come along, its a well organised event and a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment