Friday, August 11, 2017

Off to Clifden we go!

Today myself and my crew are heading off to Clifden, Co Galway before running the 100mile at 6am tomorrow, which I hope to finish by 6am Sunday morning if everything goes to plan.   

Depending on the internet connection I hope to post updates posted throughout the weekend on my progress to my Facebook page. You can also follow my progress and the race in general at the event organisers page https://www.facebook.com/connemara100/ 

Thank you to all my crew for everything they have done to help in relation to this race, they have given their time and energy to fund raise, organise logistics for the weekend and are also giving up their valuable weekend to drive around Connemara supporting me during the race, without you I wouldn’t be able to take part in this event and I know it’s a big commitment to crew for me.  Thank you! 

To everyone that has donated so far, I would like to say a big thank you. The support for Mount Carmel House has been fantastic and it’s very much appreciated, the money goes to a great local community resource in the town. For anyone that hasn’t donated yet, its not too late you can still donate on-line at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/connemara100 or by simply calling into Mount Carmel House (beside the Fire Station in Callan) or the Post Office here in Callan. 

I would also like to thank you to my two main sponsors D&M Supervalu Callan and Callan Co-Op for all the support they have given, it’s made things easier for organising everything on the day and they have helped raising funds for Mount Carmel also. Their generosity has been overwhelming. 

Of course many other businesses have kindly donated over the past number of weeks, including, John Murphy Family Butchers, Callan Bacon, Philip Ireland Tyre's, Unecol Oil, P.Molloy & Sons Funeral Home & Sculptures, Doheny's Crash Repairs, Ormonde Veterinary, Keogh’s Model Bakery, Keogh’s Pub, & Callan Truck Parts. Thank you to all of you! 


1 comment: