Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Still recovering

Kells Priory, Co Kilkenny
Two weeks I decided I'd do a long run of around 13miles, so I headed off to run to Kells, Co Kilkenny and back making sure to run through the grounds of Kells Priory as I went.

Afterwards however I was finding my calf muscle got very right and uncomfortable so it really was a case of too much, too soon. You'd think I'd learn eh?

So rather then leave things I decided to head to my local physio and get some work done on the legs, something I had originally intended to do the week after the race anyway.

Things however are still not right and I've been doing very little running lately because of it, to help maintain fitness however I have gone out on the road bike a few times doing an hour here and there. I don't find it as enjoyable as running but it gets me out and about atleast!.

On a non-running related topic I've been toying with the idea of getting myself a Kayak, the idea is I'd use it for rivers (non-white water really) and when we go camping to different sites around the country I could throw it on the roof of the car and bring it with.   Just have to find the right kayak for the job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment