Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Recovering

Its been just over a week since the Connemara 100 and despite the problems I experienced during the race I'm feeling pretty good, initially my feet were a little tender but I've had no cramps or anything like that.    

Overall I feel good, but I'm not going to let that fool me as I know after such a race I need to allow time for recovery, with that in mind although I registered for the Dublin Marathon in October at the very last minute before it closed (the first time) I'm not aiming for a sub 3:20 like I tried last year as I'm not willing to risk a repeat of the problems I experienced after last years Dublin Marathon.

Dublin is however the yearly race I just love to do and my aim is to just run it in a comfortable time.

Over the past week or so I've not been doing much running, although I did do a fast'ish 44min 10km lastnight with the local club. I'm planning on increasing the running now and doing some nice easy 10-14mile runs over the next week.

3 comments:

  1. while a sub 3.20 might be a bit difficult a sub 3.30 may not be beyond you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. while a sub 3.20 might be a bit difficult a sub 3.30 may not be beyond you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats actually my thinking, my PB is 3:33 so breaking this would be nice.

    But to be honest I'm not setting my heart on it. I don't want to loose 3 months due to injury etc like I did last year, it took me a good while to recover fitness from that and I don't want a repeat of that!

    ReplyDelete