Friday, August 29, 2014

Recovering from mountains!

uggghh my legs!
For most of this week my legs hurt after last weekends adventures on Mt Leinster, on Sunday & Monday my legs felt like it was the day after the Connemara Ultra which was really, really odd.

My legs don't hurt anymore but they still do feel abit heavy, still managed to get a few miles in during the week even if they weren't the fastest.

- Monday: 3miles @ 9:00 min mile pace & 1.71mile walk
- Tuesday: 5miles @ 8:09 min mile pace
- Wednesday: 8.07miles @ 7:53 min mile pace
- Thursday: 5miles @ 8:46 min mile pace
- Friday: 3miles @ 8:23min mile pace

For the weekend I plan on a long slow run for Saturday and I have thoughts about trying to run Slievenamon on Sunday at some point...all 721metres of it!

Weekly Total:  26 miles
Miles This Year: 1333 miles

2 comments:

  1. Yup, running down a mountain causes sore legs. Welcome to the club :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding :)
      Still the end result has to be worth it, hence my plan to try run Slievenamon. I figure if I can run Slievenamon regularly it has to be a good benefit to my overall fitness and training.

      Delete